At Koss Collision Center, we know that getting your car assessed for damage, and repaired after an accident, can be time consuming and difficult. Below we’ve provided a list of things for our customers to know after you’ve been in an accident and need auto body and collision repair in the San Jose area.
- Review and understand your policy. Be aware of your rights and obligations that your insurance contract outlines.
- You have the right to choose the auto body shop in which to repair your vehicle.
- Your insurance company must be allowed ample time to assess the damage of your vehicle.
- You are not required by law to obtain more than one estimate.
- If an agreement cannot be reached between your insurance company and the repair shop, an independent appraiser may be called in to help resolve the conflict.
- Repair estimates may vary. A lower estimate may not include necessary repairs, such as wheel alignments, headlight aiming or color matching. It is your obligation to seek a reliable collision repair center.
- Ask if the shop will be using genuine (OEM) replacement parts.
- Your vehicle is being repaired per your authorization. You are the one who may authorize any repairs on your vehicle.